Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Android 2.3.3 a.k.a. Gingerbread update for Nexus One

Finally this morning my Nexus One got the official  Android 2.3.3 a.k.a Gingerbread. I think the only two phones getting it are the Nexus S and Nexus One and makes sense since they are their children ;) and what's more the Nexus One is the official android developer.

The update as usual went smooth and in less than 15 minutes got it up and running. It feels a little bi faster than before and the new UI looks fantastic :)

Before this update they released the final SDK, updated eclipse plugin, android tools and the emulator. You can check all the details here. Time ago when they released the preview I also talk about the new functionality packed gingerbread and now it is official and even though is more gaming oriented it really feels more stable and faster. You can check all the highlights here.

You can also check the official video



I read that for some the update broke Google voice text messaging but in my case the only thing weird is that my widgets were gone. I had to add them again and they are working just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment