Friday, March 4, 2011

Fractals

I still remember when I was a child and I thought that fractals were just cool draws with nice colors and shapes later in high school I learned that fractals are pure mathematics, the beauty of mixing  recursion and an equation. Basically a fractal is a shape, geometric most of the times, that can be broken in different parts and each part is a small representation of the original, cool isn't it?

Julia Map is a web site, that shows the power of HTML 5 and fractals at the same time. It has a lot of fractals on which you can zoom in and out, change colors and then share it. It is pretty impressive since the power of rendering these kind of equations is not quite low.  The one that I liked a lot is the well known Mandelbrot.

I order to play with it you just need a HTML 5 compatible browser like Firefox or Chrome  and a good graphics card.
Pretty Cool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment