Monday, January 10, 2011

How to find Windows XP product Key inside the Windows XP CD


Time ago I got an original copy of Windows Xp SP3. I still can't believe people buy those things. Do not take me wrong I hate piracy and all that but paying for MS products makes me feel sick. Just the quality of the product it is not enough to pay that much.

Anyways, I got this copy and I had to re-install my mother's desktop but I completely forgot the CD Key, I had the CD though. By doing some searches inside the CD I found that the Product Key is stored in a file named Unattend.txt inside the I386 folder. You should see the product key by the end of that file. This for the Windows XP Professional SP 3. I am sure it will be the same for the other versions.

Hope it helps some else.

No comments:

Post a Comment