Monday, January 24, 2011

Gmail for mobile and Google Cloud Print

Last year Google announced their solution about cloud printing, a service that allows you to print from any app on any device, OS or browser without the need to install any software or drivers. Basically to send the printing job from the internet to one of your connected printers. This service was open on beta program to the chrome notebook pilot program users, but today they announced the beta launch of Google Cloud Print for mobile and Gmail for mobile.

It will only rolled out to English US users in the next couple of days though. It will work on phones that support HTML5. In order to test it you just need to connect your printer to Google Cloud Print. Here are the steps to do that.





I do love the idea of printing from anywhere as long as I have internet connection, but the issue is that your printer must be connected to a computer that has internet access that way your printer will be visible. I have not tested this yet since I have not got the update, I will test it as soon as I get it though. I like the concept but I can still see some limitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment