Thursday, January 13, 2011

Building your Resume with LinkedIn

I one of the things I really hate is to update my resume. It has been always difficult for me to write about my job, my experience, interests and all that. I know it is just personal marketing so you can sell yourself properly; let's be honest the objective of all of this is to get a better job.

Anyways now there is a better way to update your resume automatically. If you have a LinkedIn account, you can use Resume Builder to build your resume based on your LinkedIn account information. You can create multiple resumes with different templates, export it as PDF, edit the final result and then share it.

It is really fast and easy and the end result it is pretty nice. Also remember to avoid these Overused Phrases to make your resume stand out from others. These are words LinkedIn published as the most common words used by users in their profiles so take a look at them before writing yours.
  1. Extensive experience
  2. Innovative
  3. Motivated
  4. Results-oriented
  5. Dynamic
  6. Proven track record
  7. Team player
  8. Fast-paced
  9. Problem solver
  10. Entrepreneurial
Instead of using these words LinkedIn suggests to be more specific and noting your actual accomplishments in previous jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment