Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tech Support for your Parents

The other day I was watching one of my favorite series which is The Big Bang Theory :) This chapter started with Wolowitz trying to teach his mom how to check her email and over the phone!!!!!! I love my mom a lot!!! but when I have to teach her something computer related like how to send an email, log in into Skype so we can have a video conference or anything like that, it drives me really crazy!

Hopefully I am not the one with this problem. Couple of weeks ago some guys from Google decided to create a tool to send care packages to their parents explaining a lot of basic things. Basically these care packages are just recorded videos explaining basic computer tasks. The web site is http://www.teachparentstech.org/ and right now they have sent 59,369 care packages.

The wizard to create the care package is rally easy and they even have categories like: Really basic, WWW, Communication, media and finding information so you can personalized the message depending on the situation and problem.

This is one video I have selected and sent it to my mom which teaches you how to check your email from your cellphone


LOVE YOU MOM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment